Flange Insulation Gasket Kit
The Flange Insulation Gasket Kit is the most widely used form of controlling losses due to corrosion.
Flange Insulation Gasket Kits can be used to control stray electric currents in piping at oil, gas, water, refinery, and chemical plants to increase the effectiveness of cathodic protection systems and confine or eliminate electrolytic corrosion.
Type E gaskets are for full face protection of both flange faces.
Type F are to fit the raised face surface area of the flanges.
Type D are made to fit the ring grooves on ring type joint (RTJ) flanges.
SEAL TYPE O
Gasket and O-Ring are available in different materials to maintain constant contact with the flange face.
How to Order Flange Insulation Gasket Kits
Specify The Following:
- Specify Flange Size and Pressure Rating.
- Specify Gasket Type: D, E, or F.
- Specify Gasket Sealing Element, Sleeve, and Washer Material.
Recommended Installation Procedure:
- Verify that the installation kits contain the material specified and the contents are not damaged.
- Clean and inspect pipe flange faces and apply lubricant to all threads.
- Install the gasket and align the flanges so the bolt holes will be centered.
- Use alignment pins in two diametrically opposite bolt holes whenever possible to ensure proper alignment of flanges and gasket.
- Insert insulating sleeves into the bolt holes, taking care not to use force, which could damage the sleeve material.
- Insert the bolt with both insulating washers against the flanges, followed by the steel washer and nut.
- Tighten two diametrically opposite bolts to 30% to total torque.
- Replace the two alignment pins with bolts and tighten the remaining bolts to 30% of the total torque value.
- Tighten all bolts to 50%, then to 100% of final torque value.
- Bolts should be of sufficient length to extend through the nut approximately 1/4″.
Call or e-mail us today at 1-800-888-2605 and let M&P help with your flange insulating protection needs.